- 1 bag of raw, pre-washed broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- lemon juice
- italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- 1 quart storage container with lid
- Optional: can add black beans, kidney beans, corn kernels, as pictured. Just be sure to rinse before adding to the mix
*Prep time: about 15 minutes, but salad tastes the best after it is refrigerated overnight.
- Rinse all veggies, fresh herbs, and peppers. Add broccoli and cauliflower to storage bowl
- Chop seedless cucumber into bite-size bits; add to storage container
- Chop jalapeno peppers into small chunks. Smaller chunks distribute better and make for a more blended final taste.
- Chop off the white bulbs of the green onions; discard. (They can be chopped and added to the salad, but they will overwhelm and dominate the final taste.)
- Rinse garbanzo beans under cold water for three minutes. Strain, then add to strorage bowl.
- Top ingredients with small handful of cilantro, eight light squeezes of lemon juice, italian seasoning and garlic salt to taste. Combine, taste, add more seasoning as needed. Cover container with lid and store
- Serve salad or tote to eat on the go. Enjoy!
This hearty salad would make a great standalone or companion to any meal. Give it a try and tell us what you think. We love hearing from you. Thanks for reading !