- 2-3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cp Melted Butter
- 3/4 cp Sugar (If using over ripened bananas, reduce sugar)
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cp gluten free flour (Brown Rice Flour is my favorite.)
Prep time: 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas until smooth.
- Beat egg, then add in other wet ingredients (butter, vanilla extract, mashed banana).
- Mix in flour, sugar, baking soda and salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter into muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 mins or until muffins are golden brown.
This delicious recipe is easier on the waistline but still satisfies your sweet tooth.
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of whole corn kernels
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- 1 bag of restaurant-style corn tortilla chips (optional)
Prep time: 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast you chop
- Rinse tomatoes, pepper, and cilantro
- Chop tomatoes into quarters, add to mixing bowl
- Finely chop garlic; add to mixing bowl
- Chop peppers into small chunks; add to mixing bowl. Smaller chunks make for a better, more blended final taste.
- Tear apart a small handful of cilantro; add to mixing bowl
- Top ingredients in mixing bowl with four quick squeezes of lime juice; let marinate for at least five minutes
- Rinse black beans, kidney beans, and corn kernels under cold water for three minutes; drain. Add beans and corn to storage container.
- Add contents from mixing bowl to storage bowl. Add four more squeezes of lime juice, then combine ingredients. Serve with a cup of tortilla chips and enjoy!
*The salad tastes best after being stored in the fridge overnight. But it is filled with great flavor and can be enjoyed right after prep.
Craving more health friendly recipes? Check out our Super Green and Garbanzo Salad. Let us know if you give them a try. We love hearing from you and thanks for reading!